View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
You know, this has always been a point of contention with me. The latino contingent is always claiming that La Raza means "the people" when we accuse them of racist motives. they have said Gente is race. But then they disavow that when something like it crops up. For what it's worth, They seem to contend they have no word for race, because they can't possibly be racist
If they weren't talking about race the words would be "viva la gente" rather than "viva la raza" and they know it.

That may go back to Vasconcelos and all his racial babbling about the "cosmic race", but I doubt it.

The peddling of how they can't be racist is evident in their apparent contention that only whites are capable of racism, which is a bald faced falsehood.

It's all about weasel fashion spin and redirection. I've read bilingual newspapers where an article in Spanish was a rabid, victimization peddling, rabble rousing racial tirade, but the "English translation" of the article was a bland, sugar coated shadow of the real message.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-23-2012 at 09:36 AM.