View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post

The whole thing sickened me. There were throngs of them inside lobbying each assembly and senator, all demanding their "rights". Why is it that immigrants need rights of their own? Why can't they just use ours, as in the ones we all have now.

There was also some victimhood speeches about how they had to work under slave conditions, and that would never happen if they weren't immigrants.

I'll try and post some video tomorrow
There is a grain of truth to most propaganda.

There was one person I spoke with in Santa Paula a few years ago who truly believed that the reason strawberry pickers make a pittance is because of institutionalized white racism. However the farmers take advantage of those who work for less than others. The irony of Mexican nationals with the UFW picketing the strawberry fields in Oxnard being worked by other Mexican nationals was an irony which escaped the other person.

The farmers would exploit white American nationals if the Americans would take the abuse.

The man with the shirt with the quote "quitandole poder a los poderosos" means something like "taking power from the powerful", not "taking the man out of manager" as stated in English underneath.

The other tee shirt which says "Por mi familia, por mi gente, por mi comunidad, !YO VOTO!" means for my family, for my people, for my community, I VOTE!

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-22-2012 at 07:18 PM.