View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 09:28 PM
As seen on TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
The children of illegal aliens who were born here are entitled to have, and most of them DO have, dual citizenship. The children of mexicans who are here legally, perhaps even citizens also hold dual citizenship.

There is nothing wrong with sending people to a country where they are citizens whether or not they have ever been there.

We did not always allow dual citizenship. At one time claiming the citizenship of another country constituted a voluntary relinquishment of American citizenship. That would end the controversy.
I spent about 7 years in Germany after I married my Wife, and decided to move to Her country and go through a pastry chefs aprenticeship, then worked for a few years there.
When I decided to return to the US I was turned -around in Baltimore and sent back to Stutgart because all I had was a German passport, and blew past the INS checpoint when I arrived, not thinking about it.

It took about 3-4 months of going to the US Cosulate to get things straightened out, and Me back to Ca.