View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 03:04 AM

Default Jean:

What was that? A jab at me because I'm not "fast moving and evolving"? If you have so much cash and can stay up to date with technology, then maybe you can donate some of that cash to SOS. I'm sure you could reimburse me for what I've donated and then I would have more money to put toward "fast moving and evolving" technology. Just saying!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

Jean:

I'm an old hand at computers. I attended the very first seminar that IBM sponsored when they introduced their first desk top computer. I bought one for our company. That was back in 1980- 1982. Since then I have bought many computers and software, thus I have evolved along with the industry.

My comments about being left behind were generic, and not specific targeting of anyone. I am not equipped to evaluate your computer and software because I have absolutely no idea at all as what you have. My basis for comment was my own personal experience.

I buy Hewlett Packard and exclusively HP and nothing else. I currently have two. My main is a HP Pavilion p6207c. Here are/is all of the information. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817...id=LF7nvJa0X-N

You may compare yours for Hz, processor, memory capacity. Software. *( I use Windows 7 ).

The problems you are having loading the file could be multiple. You may have been too impatient. Even on my powerhouse HP it took some time to load. Try again and wait "several minutes". Computers have wonderful alternatives to load in "other memory areas". Your computer may need some extra memory which is relatively inexpensive and easy to install. None of my computers ever came with all memory banks occupied. There were always a couple of extra empty locations. I bought extra memory chips and self installed.

If the file loads save it to "favorites". It will open easily thereafter upon recall.

If you want to prolong this shoot me your vital computer characteristics and software and I will try to help you.

As to donations to SOS, I receive a deluge of requests for money from all over the USA including people I never heard of and many politicians. I would be completely broke if I tried to comply. I self finance my own operation, Citizens Civil Defense, and I do not solicit funds and do not accept donations at all. No-one ever helps me.

Last edited by wetibbe; 10-02-2011 at 03:23 AM.