View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 04:49 AM

Default My view

As I had said previously I ,lived and worked overseas for 17 years and visited 70 countries in South America, Africa, Asia. So I got a really good look at how people live in those countries and it is truly a broad spectrum beginning with the primitives in the Brazilian rain forest to, the hovels around Rio De Janeiro, to the Barrios around Caracas, Venezuela and inland natives, to the Indians in the high Andes, to the stone age tribes in Ethiopia, subsistence farmers in Senegal, bush people in Nigeria and Liberia on to the Indians in Calcutta, Bangladesh, Pakistan, to the Montanard natives in the Vietnamese highlands and so on.

For anyone who has never seen it, it is difficult to visualize and understand. The continents are bulging is many places with seriously overpopulated areas. And very vast areas where millions live in the most primitive conditions in grass huts, no electricity, no running water, often no schools.

The world population hit 7 billion. It is hitting the tipping point where countries can no longer provide for their citizens. So they move. It will get significantly worse. It's future shock, desperation, starvation, abject poverty, survival.