View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post

No one is "requiring" that you give money to Haitians, AG. Don't make this an illegal alien thing either. The people need help, and those with the means here are attempting to do something about it.

Makes me wonder why I stay in a movement that is growing increasing cold to the needs of others.
What are you talking about? First you say this has nothing to do with illegal aliens. Then you say the "movement" is growing increasingly "cold to the needs of others". It is you who insist on confusing the two subjects.

Why indeed do you stay in "the movement" and I assume you are talking about the war against illegal immigration. Didn't you know that proponents of illegal immigrants base their support on need? Nobody is in this country illegally because they have it better where they come from. And their sympathizers are in tune with this. This is part of what motivates them. The other is simple sadism and loathing for the country they live in.

If you are against illegal immigration, then where is your sympathy for your fellow citizens? Why are you so cold towards them? Why are willing to put the needs of Haitian illegals before the needs of citizens of this country?

If one opposes aid to Haiti, even in the face of a major earthquake, then this should be taken in context. The context being Haiti is already getting tons of aid and it's not doing them a bit of good. Even so, they are happy to suck it up and offer no evidence of progress. Even the simplest soul might voice skepticism over offering aid to a disaster ridden country when they squander what they are getting already. And, continue to contribute to illegal immigration to one of their major benefactors.