View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
The Persians/Iranians are the nicest looking in the Middle East, some are down right gorgeous. But they are some of the worst to do business with, actually the worst of any in the Middle East. I just walk away, I've learned my lesson when dealing with them.
I'm not doing business with her, nor am I talking with her because of her looks. I'm curious, I want to hear her story. A Jewish Persian from a Muslim country, that intrigues me.

Yesterday, I was speaking with a Thai woman who has a Japanese boyfriend.

She's been here for quite some time, but not interested in citizenship. I asked her why, it has to do with what she perceives as the hassle of getting a visa to visit her relatives in Thailand.

I asked her what did she like about the United States - It was her freedom as a woman. She can work and go wherever she wants, in Thailand, it's the family business only and her brothers suffocate her in public.

Then I asked what she didn't like about the US. She said the lack of genuine closeness between relatives and friends, no one helps the other. Everyone is on their own.

A relative of mine is married to a Thai woman, a genuinely wonderful person.

I had an intense conversation today with the Mexican woman who dislikes the questionable morality of Spanish language radio. As I said, she is not a typical Mexican, and what we discussed blew me away with her conclusions. One is why should Mexicans come here for "crumbs", when they should be confronting their own government over the "necessity" for Mexicans to come here, that it really is an insult to wave the Mexican flag here.

There is much more, most I take as sincere honesty. I wish I could share it.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 02-10-2010 at 09:21 PM.