View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 05:14 AM

Default Perry is sinking:

I, too, cringe when I hear Perry's bad grammar. I certainly don't mind a Texas accent but the lingo he uses makes his sound like a dumb hick.

Some Texas singer Buddy said of Perry: He has the heart of a Democrat and the mind of a Republican !!!!!????? That must make him some sort of a political mongrel. He started out as a Democrat and converted to Republicanism. But obviously he still retains much of the ingrained Democrat mentality.

It seems that the straw pole results were more a repudiation of Perry than an approval of Cain. Cain siphoned off many votes and essentially left Romney trailing Perry slightly. But Michelle Bachmann finishing dead last is quite a mystery. I think basically this illustrates that the straw polls are essentially worthless and misleading regional attitudes of very small groups of Republicans. The straw poll was estimated at 2,900 to 3,500 GOP.

Perry's thorny dilemma is that he apparently wants to appeal to a broad spectrum to capture both the liberal and conservative votes. This doesn't work in Uber-Conservative straw polls and debates for the Republican nomination. The straw polls are not National elections where Perry can get liberal, Latino, Independent and Conservative votes from the whole spectrum of all voters all over the nation.

As Bill Buckley said: "I vote for the Conservative who can get elected".

Interestingly it is looking more like Obama may not run for a second term.