View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post

Are these communities all naturalized citizens or what? Are there any "permanent resident aliens" among them? How about anchor babies? What are their language skills like? They may post in Hebrew, but if they can speak fluent English, who cares?

I see them all the time in supermarkets, Costco, Lowe's and some speak perfect American English, some broken and some in Hebrew or Yiddish.

I really don't have much data on illegals or anchor babies and there are no stories in the newspapers about it. They are definitely not in a category with the Latino/Hispanic day laborers.

They live in their own world separate from the rest of America, deal with eachother, have retail stores and other businesses which the Hasidics cater to almost exclusively in my county.

Politically I think they deal as much as possible with other Jews that are sort of regular types. They are essentially democrats.

I think it is safe to say that their first allegiance is to their religion, their language, their culture and Israel. They operate their own schools and are not seen in the public schools.

There are certainly numbers on welfare and Medicaid.
Not good for our country that's for sure!