View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 08:39 PM

Helping the Shaw's is probably the most righteous event we could organize right now. However, the event would need to be in Los Angeles County. While there are areas of the county that we would receive support (west San Fernando Valley, Pasadena, Arcadia, Monrovia) any event in L.A. County would bring out goonage. Not that that is a problem so long as our side focuses on the event. The main thing is that we need more than just 10 or 15 people. We need numbers. Do any of our L.A. based people have contact with the organizers of that Pro-Arizona rally a couple of months ago at L.A. City Hall? We can use them to get the word out.

Would Robin & Ray support the new SOS in an event by bringing people? How about Lupe Moreno, and other Latino patriots, can we get them to show? How about within the Tea Party Movement? Do we have a way to mobilize them? It's all about numbers. At too many rallies and marches I have seen so many of them and so little of us.

The other problem is a catch-22, in that the news won't cover a weekend event like they would a weekday event. A weekday event would not have good attendance because most people, unlike the illegals and their enablers, work for a living. Unless we get news coverage our event will simply be viewed as something that did not happen. Yes, we'll have Youtube video (both friend and foe), but no media exposure.

I hate to sound like a "Debbie Downer", but we need to think about these things. People seem to be upset, but are they upset enough to put down the chips and beer and actually do something about it? I hear a lot of talk on boards and on Facebook, but I really don't see anyone DOING ANYTHING.

I would love to be able to have some sort of event in which people from all over California, Nevada and Arizona come and support the Shaws. This family paid a horrendous price at the hands of an illegal immigrant. Helping them, and making a stand with them might be one of the best things that this SOS could to reboot itself.

Lastly, I don't think I have all the answers, but I have organized a few events in my career, and I am itching to get back into it again. However, I do not want to organize another event in which 5 or 10 people show up versus 20-30 goons. That's just not fun, and it is incredible discouraging.

I think we need to kick this one around, and get a plan of action together. But above all we need numbers, and not just from this board, but from other organizations (that will work with us), even ones whose agendas may not be focused on border security, so long as they are pro-Constitution and will support our cause (which is how the leftists get so many people to show up at their rallies & marches).