View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
There are two reasons I can think of as to why they are coming here where there are no jobs,

1. They 'think' amnesty' is around the corner.

2. They think there will be a job training program for them such as the one DA posted a few days ago. (Go to Derail Amnesty and see the post. It was posted 2 or 3 days ago. It was copied from Walter Moore's website).
The LA CC had 'found' $200,000 to train those (Appears to be the HD type) to blow leaves and mow lawns. Our tax dollars.
Later today I will go to the site and post it here.
A story I have told before...

It may have been 2003 and we were working in a residential area of Canoga Park.

While we were getting things ready, I watched with interest a group of fresh - over - the - border - chuntaros with leaf blowers cleaning up one front yard by blowing the leaves and other refuse into the neighbor's front yard.

They then packed up and left.

Not ten minutes later a similar group drove up, unloaded their gear and fired up the leaf blowers - blew all the leaves and other trash back into the first yard.

One of the funnier things I have seen over the years, it was like something out of the Three Stooges.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.