View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 03:33 AM

Default Same in New York

I live in a suburban Village that is upscale and has very few illegals or Latinos at all. But the next village to the North is overrun with them and it is an open sewer.

A few years ago I had a company owned Ford Explorer stolen from my driveway. It was pushed out into the street then started. I lost over $4,000 worth of tools and instruments $1,500 of which were my own personal things. And the New York State Department of Transportation documents for a contract we had.

The Town police phoned me 3 days later. They had recovered it - yep - in the next Village. It had been abandoned partially parked out in a travel lane. Neighbors phoned in complaining. It was, of course, stripped of contents.

A good deal was my fault. The Ford ignition was failing and the key wouldn't turn without extensive wiggling. I should have had it replaced. I was accustomed to leaving the key in the ignition because it was so troublesome. I had parked vehicles in my driveway for years and never had a problem. There is almost no crime in my Village.

I phoned the mayor, who I know, and who lives on the next street. He said that same night he had reports of two other vehicles burglarized. It is the illegal aliens prowling the neighborhoods looking for money and cell phones. Apparently it was the custom of my fellow Villagers to also leave their cars unlocked.

Naturally I suspected the garbage men. And the lawn service laborers who almost all of my neighbors hire. *( But not me, I cut my own, I won't allow them on my property ).

You've heard of the old days when people didn't lock their doors? Well those days are gone forever now in my Village.