View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 09:57 AM

The thread is hard to read and maybe reproductions such as this would benefit from a little judicious clean up concerning readability.

And while I do believe that, unlike in past migrations from Latin America, a greater percentage of lower class individuals with greater levels of ignorance and other less desirable attributes are permanently moving here, I agree with this post by Madamme Butterfly:

Quote:
I have been watching this thread for some time now and I want to put my three cents into the hat.\n\n1) Agreed, illegal aliens having babies in our country is a problem and that latino/hispanic cultures generally have more children than is the norm in America.\n\n2) I find the picture of the pregnant girl and general tone of this thread to be tasteless. While I understand the underlying sentiment, this thread has been very painful for me to watch develop. I think there are more intelligent ways to argue against automatic citizenship resulting from birth and to document pregnancy rates among different groups. You're entitled to your opinions and to vent but for the record, this one crossed that line for me.\n\n3) I do a lot of work with pregnant teenagers and a lot of research on the subject as a whole. Some of the ideas presented in this thread actually have factual basis but much of it is assumption based on personal experience that is not indicative of national trends. Illegal immigrants are not the single most prolific group of pregnant teens, nor are they the most likely to seek State or Federal benefits for their children. However, theyin the top three by both percentage of total population and by nominal quantitative analysis.\n\nAgain, I understand the frustration and our board is a welcoming place to vent on these issues but seriously...this is over the top.\n\np.s. I plan on having at least 5 children to repopulate America...lol'
Here is the bottom line of it all:

If politicians on both sides of the isle weren't colluding on neutralizing immigration law, there wouldn't be such a problem as alluded to in this thread.

And, if those same politicians didn't look the other way concerning American employers hiring illegal labor...

The problem is of a white American origin in spite of the great efforts of the Latino activist block to make that problem a much bigger one.

Politicians of every stripe need to understand that their "public service" will be a short one term show if they don't get their act together concerning illegal immigration. Illegals wouldn't come here without a payoff for their trouble.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-13-2010 at 10:01 AM.