View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 08:58 PM
SOS Associate

'Cazamigrante',
Quote:
I'd pretty much decided to stay off this thread.\n\nThen last week, we had an unmarried and barely-18-year-old hispanic girl come in for \"abdominal cramps\", and claiming her last period was four months ago.\n\nI expected she was pregnant, but upon medical exam, it turns out the \"cramps\" were coming five minutes apart, and her new first name is \"Mama\". The baby was full-term. :blink:\n\nWhen they're too ignorant to notice they've been pregnant for 40 weeks, nor realize they haven't had a menstrual period since last December, \"baby factory\" is probably too kind a description. \n\nFor someone like why to compare and equate that level of irresponsibility with a gainfully employed and legally resident American husband who provides for all 16 of his children is the dictionary definition of fatuous.

'techniac',
Quote:
http://www.cis.org/articles/2005/back1105.html\n\nCenter for Immigration Studies \n\nBirth Rates Among Immigrants in America\nComparing Fertility in the U.S. and Home Countries\n\nOctober 2005\n\n
Quote:
As the nation’s immigrant (foreign-born) population has grown in recent years, a good deal of research has been devoted to their socio-demographic characteristics. However, less attention has been paid to their fertility. Children born to immigrants are probably the most important long-term effect of immigration. This study explores immigrant birth rates with particular focus on how they differ from women in their home countries. Studying immigrant fertility is necessary in order to understand immigration’s impact on U.S. and world population growth as well as its effect on public services provided to children. In addition, fertility can be seen as a measure of immigrant integration. If people are choosing to have more children, this may indicate that they feel relatively optimistic about the future. Only recently has data become available to study immigrant fertility in any detail. [/b]

'ohighlass',
Quote:
Waverider, Can you pin the date down? We could actually acknowledge it as the Beginning of the Housing Bubble and Skyrocketing Rents Day. Maybe we could all riot and trash local stores, and take stuff, too????!!!!!

'Acebackwords',
Quote:
I've been saying for years that the number one reason for our housing shortage/homeless crisis is our insane level of Mass Immigration. You can make an exactly parrellel graph of both these trends growing relentlessly, side-by-side, over the last 30 years. Its as obvious as supply-and-demand. (relentless demand for new housing, along with dwindling supply as it gets gobbled up by the immigrant hordes, equal sky-rocketing housing costs).\n\nWe presently have a severe housing shortage virutally everywhere in California. What that means -- and what nobody in power seems to have considered -- is that every time an immigrant crosses the border, a new home needs to be built to accomodate him. Unfortunately, it can take less than 24 hours for an immigrant to cross the border. While it can take 6 months to a year to build a new home. Whats wrong with this picture? ANd when you multiply it by MILLIONS of people flooding across our borders, you begin to see the scope of the problem we now face. \n\nWhats happening is, the people on the bottom of American society -- the young, the old, the weak, the crazy, the blacks, the lazy, etc -- are being squeezed out of the housing market to make room for the endless hordes of invading immigrants. Thats exactly what happened. And you might wonder -- considering the endless b.s. you've read in the media on the subject of \"the homeless\" -- why you're probably reading about this for the first time here.\n\nThe inn is full. Every time an immigrant crosses the border, an American citizen gets squeezed out to make room for them.

'USA today',
Quote:
Of course they have a network , \n If anyone doesn't think that all hispanics here arn't in favor of more and increased \nlegal and illegal immigration ......well , I have some swampland for sale \n\n The takeover of our gov't , citys , towns and states is in full swing

'Cinc310',
Quote:
Well, if one thinks of the areas where Latinos settled in its mainly the older blue collar cities not the newer nice upper-middle class ones. If Los Angeles or Santa Ana and so forth did urban redevlopement back in the early 1980's, we probably have less latinos. Examples, take Huntington Beach versus either Santa Ana or Anaheim. Huntington Beach is only 14 percent latino and only has a barrio stripped at Beach Bld. Anaheim is 48 percent and Santa Ana about 80 percent. But the politicans and bussessmen at the time were not interested in it. Take cities like Portland and Seattle,most of their latino populations lived in the suburbs since they wanted to attract more of a upward mobile population and both are among the most white cities among major cities.

'Acebackwords',
Quote:
There used to be cheap boardinghouse hotels for \"transcients\" in every city in America. That type of housing has been permanently overwhelmed by the immigrant hordes. Its gone. Period. Its particularly tragic for this young generation. That was exactly the kind of housing they could get when they were making that difficult transistion from living with their parents to living alone in the big bad world. It was almost a rite of passage: the kid leaves the suburbs and hits the city to make connections and jumpstart his life. Nowadays, these kids come to the city and theres nothing waiting for them except a place in the gutter. Unless they happen to start out with thousands of dollars in their pockets for first month, last month, deposit, etc, they are out of luck. An entire generation of young Americans have been sacrificed at the altar of our Mass Immigration nightmare. We have got to get these parasites out of our country.

'waverider',
Quote:
I don't know what kids today do -- live with mommy and daddy until they are 35, I guess. When I came back to L.A. as a 20-something kid in the 70s, I had $1700 in cash, the clothes on my back, and was driving a '67 VW that burned a quart of oil a week. Within 5 days I had rented a $225. apartment in an old but quiet area and by the next week easily found a manual labor job working in an industrial building materials warehouse for liveable pay. In six months I had a newer car and had moved to a hillside apartment. Try doing that now. Today, those apartments are long gone, replaced by a gated enclave of townhouses that start at $500K. The company I worked for back then is still in business. One day a couple of years ago I took a sentimental journey back there to the old loading docks. It is 100% spanish-speaking Mexican nationals now. Not a white or black face in sight. When I worked there, there were four anglos and three African-americans. Our foreman was a middle-aged black guy with 3 kids. Don't tell me Americans, black or white, won't do that work. I unloaded many a railroad car with them by my side.

'EastCoastGrannie',
Quote:
What about those Lateenas who are having babies at 13, 14, 15? These girls are underage - who is getting them pregnant? It is against the law to have sex with an underage girl. It has been in the news recently, that many pregnant minor girls have been inpregnated by older guys, over 18. This makes it the crime of statuatory rape. There have been some mention about some \"cultures\" where sex with very young girls is accepted. I wonder what \"culture\" that is?\n\nThis issue has come up in regards to abortions because the right-to-life people learned that many minor girls were having abortions. When it was discovered that many of the fathers were older men, the right-to-life groups tried to get the abortion clinics to give the names of the girls so the police could prosecute the men who impregnated them. The abortion clinics did not want to give the names of the girls. I don't know if this is in the courts or what, but it just goes to show that this problem is big enough to get national attention.\n\nHas anyone heard anything more on this? The legislators should be working on this. It is a very serious issue. I wonder if the \"sanctuary cities\" like Los Angeles would protect the scumbag dads? \n\n * * * * *\n\nAnother aspect to this - how are these underage girls supporting themselves and their children? Are we the taxpayers supporting them? If the girls are underage, does the welfare department make an effort to find the father and prosecute him for statuatory rape? \n\nEastCoastGrannie
'MadameButterfly',
Quote:
I have been watching this thread for some time now and I want to put my three cents into the hat.\n\n1) Agreed, illegal aliens having babies in our country is a problem and that latino/hispanic cultures generally have more children than is the norm in America.\n\n2) I find the picture of the pregnant girl and general tone of this thread to be tasteless. While I understand the underlying sentiment, this thread has been very painful for me to watch develop. I think there are more intelligent ways to argue against automatic citizenship resulting from birth and to document pregnancy rates among different groups. You're entitled to your opinions and to vent but for the record, this one crossed that line for me.\n\n3) I do a lot of work with pregnant teenagers and a lot of research on the subject as a whole. Some of the ideas presented in this thread actually have factual basis but much of it is assumption based on personal experience that is not indicative of national trends. Illegal immigrants are not the single most prolific group of pregnant teens, nor are they the most likely to seek State or Federal benefits for their children. However, theyin the top three by both percentage of total population and by nominal quantitative analysis.\n\nAgain, I understand the frustration and our board is a welcoming place to vent on these issues but seriously...this is over the top.\n\np.s. I plan on having at least 5 children to repopulate America...lol'

'NoAztlan!',
Quote:
East Caost Grannie,\n\nI understand that the age of consent is 12 in Mexico, though maybe it varies by state. Since the unassimilated illegals bring every other aspect of their culture here, this would follow.\n\nIn Calif. we have a special election in Nov. Proposition 73 would require notification to a parent or guardian that a minor girl was getting an abortion. There are provisions for a judge to rule if the girl fears her family, etc. It is interesting that stats show that the average age of the father is I believe, 22. Clearly statutory rape. I suspect that people don't want prop 73 to pass simply because it may expose that this isn't so much 17 year old boy-girl hookups, but a 14 year old with a man much older.

'mixbreed',
Quote:
<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE(Alexander Hamilton @ Oct 21 2005, 08:07 PM) [snapback]53522[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
\n
Quote:
Knowledge, let alone use, of effective birth control methods besides abstinence does not appear to have been widespread in the Mexican immigrant community. In addition to strict cultural sanctions against birth control emanating from the Catholic Church, legal restrictions against dispensing birth control information still existed. Mexican women were unlikely to have access to the occasional private physician who might be willing to give such advice. The one exception to this generalization seems to have been the small group of Mexican women who regularly worked as dance hall girls in the Plaza area. [/b]
\n\nPublication Information: Book Title: Becoming Mexican American: Ethnicity, Culture, and Identity in Chicano Los Angeles, 1900-1945. Contributors: George J. Sánchez - author. Publisher: Oxford University Press. Place of Publication: New York. Publication Year: 1995. Page Number: 80. \n\n\n\nDo you think a Doctor who gave advice to a Latina on birth control would be called a \"rascist?\"\n[/b]
\n\nI don't know, but I would be inclined to call him a saint.