View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 08:22 PM

Those kids are supposed to be there to learn, not to determine curriculum.

If they knew enough to be able to determine curriculum there's no purpose for them to be in school.

But, here's the deal:

The educational system is too busy pushing progressivism on the kids, which is a political notion from the far left. So, the teachers kick up a fuss against what they should be teaching and rope a bunch of ignorant kids into a fight which is not theirs.

And, if the 'educators" have their way, the kids will grow up to be ignorant voters who cast ballots like they choose face book friends - just throw in a few campaign buzz words like "green", "social justice", and "climate change".

I'm not sure what a 2nd grade kid should be expected to know about the presidents, but a couple of weeks ago I asked one if she knew anything about them.

Without hesitation, she loudly affirmed "BARACK OBAMA IS OUR PRESIDENT!"

I asked if she knew any others. Quietly and as though she had to think about it, she said something like "Abraham Lincoln, who was against bad people who did bad things to good people."

This is hardly a scientific study concerning the education of 7 year olds, but you'd think Washington would have been bouncing around in her head too.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.