View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 06:53 AM

While "diversity" seems to come in just one color, are these kids American in their outlook? The schools seem to be doing everything they can to tear down the concept of being American.

Quote:
Boy, are those days gone. Honesty or "intolerant opinions" are commonly unwelcome across the board in places where our children are being raised and indoctrinated.
How true, I run into this quite a bit. More than once or twice I've had some discussion with white Americans concerning illegal immigration where I used the word "Mexican" in the sense of nationality or "citizen of" and was lambasted as a racist, they confused "Mexican" to be indicative of race.

The other day I had a conversation with a "Latino" who was born and grew up in Chicago and is culturally more Mexican than American. We eventually came to friendly terms, but he commented to a third party that I had made racist commentary when in fact I was discussing the truth.

On the flip side I met a person who was born in Mexico and had been a US Marine (I know, once a Marine, always a Marine). He made a statement that when his children started to self describe themselves as "Mexican" he corrected them, that they were American. I asked him how it was that a fifth generation American with Mexican ancestry could self identify as "Mexican". He grinned and replied "racism", which I took to mean the latent or subliminal racism within the individual himself.

And how serious is this within most individuals? A year or so ago Elena dispensed a rare lecture at me with the conclusion (towards herself) "And she's not a nagger, she's a short Mexican".

Lots of different perspectives. The important thing is that citizens of America be Americans - and those who make it their business to endlessly classify us according to race and ethnicity need to get a life doing something productive rather than divide us.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-25-2012 at 06:58 AM.