View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Danny Glover is reported to have said that the Haiti earthquaake was due to global warming.

I spent my lifetime in geotechnical, geological and geophysical events.

The kindest thing that I can say about Glover is that he should put his brain in gear before his mouth to avoid appearing as the dumbest moron on the planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I read that he said that also. My god, how dumb can one person be. This is typical of those in the entertainment industry. Some of the stupidest people on this planet. They are so out of touch with reality in their make believe world. Yet the media actually will repeat what the say.
I'm sure that nobody has established a connection between global climate change and earthquakes. But, as seas rise, so also does pressure on the techtonic plates change. It is not entirely implausible that sudden incremental changes in sea levels could trigger earth quakes. Oil drilling has been associated with earth quakes. But for Glover to make such a claim is irresponsible at best and maybe a little inflammatory.