View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:46 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I never thought it was about abortion but a number of things such as, no birth control. That is just the most stupid thing ever. We all say why do people have children they cannnot afford, and then need some kind of aid to survive.
The plan to defund FEMA, PBS, PRIVTIZE S.S. and give Medicare Vouchers, were all bad ideas.
I consider the GOP to be the party of the elite.
Defunding FEMA was most likely over the cost, the waste, and the incompetence of that organization, which is congress's only way to reign in an org like that. I don't want to see SS privatized either, but it is obvious that something needs to happen, and soon. There are just a zillion people who AREN'T retired getting a check from that branch of government. That bureaucracy is so entrenched that it is hard to break any other way.

RIM, the republicans had tough time getting contributions in California this election, as compared to the enormous wealth and generosity of democrats. For example, Dan Lungren in my congress district was outspent lavishly by Ami Bera. Like Meg Whitman, he just kept dumping tons of his own cash, and accepting big donations from other democrats. Look also at Suoervisor Neil Derry in the county supervisors race in San Bernardino. That's who Joe Turner was working for...most likely he;ll be unemployed in short order now, but in any case, the democrat who lives on an indian reservation and is protected from having to pay some taxes used his station to buy the election. Really, I think things have swung around other than a few anomolies like Whitman. And it's hard for republicans to stop elites from buying elections within their own party. Look at Nightingale. She pretty much muscled her way in to the American Independent party and the secretary of state wouldn't stop her from doing so. The current party chair and the heirarchy of the AI didn't want her because her philosophies were not their main platform. But the voters put her in the primary, and that was that. It's hard to stop an elitist from muscling in. Brown is a very rich man, from a very rich family too I might add