View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 05:40 PM

More comments:
ItzRandy:
February 05, 2010 - 05:52 PM
I'm sorry ..... and we need McKeon's input on this matter, why? Maybe it's time for some of our spineless politicians to apologize and resign for not doing their job!
Kellar is correct whether you agree with his verbiage or not. I too, applaud Kellar for finally being one to stand up and speak the truth. This policy of selectively enforcing our immigration laws has led to a complete breakdown in control of our borders and has fostered this perceived need to be politically correct when dealing with any issue relating to ILLEGAL immigrants.
The word ILLEGAL should say it all.
Brian:
February 05, 2010 - 07:36 PM
As a mayor and councilman, what has Kellar done to address this problem locally?
Anybody know?
logelly:
February 05, 2010 - 08:55 PM
to meerob get your facts straight first. the media/public called him a racist not him-self. he is simple stating that what ever you call him he still stands for what he believes. has to brian it has to start somewhere and this is his start. I believe this will be the first step he is trying to help with this issue and nobody will help him, guess what ill help as well as alot of other people out there. we need to take back whats is ours and what we the tax payers and LEGAL CITIZENS paid into. I need money for my kids health care and cant get it because it all goes to ILLEGAL CITIZENS.
CoastalSage:
February 05, 2010 - 09:45 PM
Just my opinion: There are two Republican camps on the illegal immigration issue:
(1) the pro-big-business Republicans who support companies which employ large numbers of illegal aliens, in large part by ignoring the issue of counterfeit I.D. documents presented by their employees, and
(2) The Republicans who support the conservative working person, including those who have lost their jobs to illegal aliens, and who support taxpayers outraged by the costs of illegal aliens and outraged that the pro-big business Republicans won't try to do anything about enforcing Federal laws against employers of illegals.
Bob Kellar obviously falls into that second category.
Obviously due to his long service in Washington, Buck McKeon has fallen into the first category, Pro-Big Business Republican category. Perhaps he is afraid to alienate his corporate contributors by saying anything kind about Bob Kellar.
I, for one, think Bob Kellar doesn't need Buck McKeon. In fact, I'd rather see Bob Kellar in the Santa Clarita congressional seat than Buck McKeon.
miranda:
February 05, 2010 - 10:47 PM
braddon:
February 05, 2010 - 11:40 AM
If a man announces to the world that he's a racist, we should take him at his word. If he's not a racist and just used the term to make some twisted point, then he's an idiot. Either way, I would rather have illegal immigrants living next door to me than Councilman Kellar.
Hey Braddon,
Please post your address so we can relocate some illegals next door to you. Sleep tight!
LLSinSCV:
February 06, 2010 - 03:15 AM
Bob Kellar - Santa Clarita councilman (former mayor, retired LAPD supervisor, and US military veteran) made some comments at an anti-illegal immigration rally in Jan 2010 which has become a HOT HOT HOT issue in CA and around the country! Though I personally was not at the Santa Clarita anti-immigration rally, I have several friends who were.
What happened? Well excerpts, taken out of context of his comments as a private citizen (not as a City Councilman). Paraphrased summary: he recounted a story about about Pres Teddy Roosevelt's POV of America and it's immigrants. Evidently Bob K agreed with Pres Roosevelt and "1 flag, 1 language." At that point someone at the other event said to Bob K, "that makes you sound like a racist Bob" and he replied, "if that (1 flag, 1 language) makes you think I'm a racist, then I'm a proud racist."
Personally, as the US born child of LEGAL immigrants to the US who waited several yrs and came to this great county via the quota system, I know that immigration is what our country is built upon. My parents chose to come to a new homeland, they assimilated and raised us a AMERICANS of Armenian heritage. We flew only 1 flag and allegiance to 1 flag... the US flag.
What seems to be ignored here in this entire debate is the 1st word in the label on these particular immigrants: ILLEGAL immigrants (pc world called them "undocumented workers"... like as if they forgot their legitimate ID card at home and at the moment are without documents). ILLEGAL immigrants broke the law, our sovereign country's laws.
JimmyStewart:
February 06, 2010 - 12:21 PM
Brian,
What would Kellar be allowed to do about this issue? Are you kidding? Why don't you tell us what he should of done? You try to even talk about this issue and look what happens to you.
Brian:
February 06, 2010 - 01:06 PM
Well Jimmy, I don't see anyone defending illegal immigration. The laws are in place to take police action in many ways including zoning and loitering. Petty perhaps but still legal.
What should Bob do as a city official? Isn't that best asked of Bob. That is why he is elected, isn't it? To solve Santa Clarita's problems.
Or am I wrong?
ryantheray:
February 06, 2010 - 06:41 PM
Keller is spot on. He does not have to apologize to anyone. But I would say that Mr Lowery owes Bob Kellar an apology. Lowery you are about as wrong on this issue as anyone who's in bed with the open borders loons can get. Bob Kellar should run for Gov. of this state. But for sure he'd do a better job then those who are 'distancing' themselves from him, running with their tail between their legs trying to appease anyone and every special interest for votes. We have one man with the backbone to say the truth and what's good for our citizens, and a bunch of cowards trying to pander for votes running scared. I'll take the man with the backbone anyday.