View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 05:53 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
Ayatollah, Twoller, Ilbegone, I have a confession... I have had it up to my neck in other peoples "ethno-nationalism". Mexican nationalism, Jewish nationalism... I think it is all opressive and I hate it shoved down my throat. When the topic started I thought it was a proIsraeli post. Then Twoller chimed in with his Israeli cheerleading . I guess when I am in a situation when another country's ethnonational cheerleading is being shoved down my throat my natural inclination is to stand up to it, provide opposition and fight it with words and debate. Which is What I did.

Maybe this is what we all are doing when we are faced with a situation when the nationalism of another culture is forced on us.
I think many of us here feel the same way as you about having another culture forced on us. I've always said that a good idea sells itself. A bad one takes propaganda, pitchmen, manipulation, or force. I remember 20 years ago or so when I was happy to meet an immigrant. I was also happy to know them. But that was because the majority of them were good people and came here not just to make a better life for themselves, but to support the American way. Now I see immigrants as tools of oppressers, manipulators, and pitchmen. Likewise I see many of them have forsaken the American community for the agenda of the pitchmen. There are some who see through that though, and we need them desparately. We are being invaded, and since we cannot count on the US government to defend us, we're going to need the help of every willing mind to throw up our own defense.