View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 07:07 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
I'm probably a minority of one here, but I've been holding this back for a long time and I'm going to get it out now. I was there when Naui got pepper sprayed, and personally I'm getting a little tired of everyone piling on about it. He had a very severe reaction and had to go the hospital, which was unfortunate, as much as everyone dislikes the guy and figured he had it coming. I still don't know what provoked the spraying, but it's certainly not a laughing matter when you have to cause someone that much pain, even if it was in self-defense.
We are developing standards of conduct for associates and that will guide us at events, but self defense will be among them. I wasn't there, and so I can't really defend or criticize, but the old regime didn't provide policies and procedures, so you end up with a lot of individual reactions in the field. Looks like he bounced back quite well, or have you noticed some permanent changes in his behavoir? Other than keeping a safe distance during his provocations?