View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 01:08 PM

Living in an agricultural area this hits close to home. Remo, your point is well taken. That is why their "If we didn't have illegals a head of lettuce would cost $5" is such crap. The cost of agriculture is mostly the marketing, the labor is subsidized by the taxpayer. I'm learning more and more about exactly how much the taxpayer is paying for by attending our city council meetings twice a month. Just last week I found out that the taxpayer has paid for over 250 late model GMC vans that the illegals can "check out" at no cost except mileage. That's right, no cost for gas, maintenance, license, insurance or anything else. The taxpayer pays for everything else, including roadside assistance!!! All that is required is for one person to have a drivers license, and it doesn't state that is has to be a California Drivers License.

These illegals get Section 8 housing, free medical, food stamps, free childcare, free legal services and just about anything they need.

When you add it all up they get about $25-$30 an hour. I took the time to consider what they receive and divided it by 40 hr worked.