View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
I can't copy and paste from Gloria Allred's statement because of the pdf format, so I'll quote this directly:

"Meg Whitman should be ashamed and embarrassed that she has lied, but I am so proud of Nicky. She is the hero in this story. She is the courageous Rosa Parks of the movement to win respect and dignity for Latinas and others in the workplace."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The Rosa Parks of the movement? What movement, the one which encourages people to sneak into the country illegally, lie about their immigration status, and then go boo-hoo when they get found out and terminated in accordance with the law? What planet is Gloria Allred living on?
Rosa Parks was a tired American citizen who didn't want to move to the back of the bus as expected at much risk to herself and became a symbol of the civil rights movement.

Nikki is an illegal entrant used as a chess piece in a political cat fight.

Apples and carp.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.