View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post

There is an historic pattern in the passage of ever more draconian laws, especially gun control laws. There is usually a great controversy about one of these laws, and then some extraordinary outrage changes the public consciousness and puts the law over the top.

Assassinations of JFK, MLK and RFK put over the Gun Control Act of 1968. 1989 School shooting put over the California Assault Weapons law. 9/11 put over the so called 'Patriot Act" which was a revival of the old Clinton Anti-Terrorist Law from the 1990's.

Was he alone nut or a carefully managed, manipulated "Manchurian Candidate" type nut? Is the Tuscon shooting another event designed by puppet masters to socially engineer us and shift the public consciousness to the left and soften us up for more restrictive laws? It certainly fits the pattern, but only time, and more facts, will tell.I think the jury is out.
I agree with your sensitivity to the anti-gun response to these assasinations. Clearly there are those out there who are opposed to gun ownership who wait for these incidents to occur and exploit them for furthering their agendas. But I don't think that these assassins are the subjects of any kind of direct psychological manipulation from any kind of formal body or operation. What I think is more likely going is that communities themselves are the target of manipulation and it is they who foment individuals to perform these acts. These individuals are provoked by sadistically minded communities who themselves are the subject of manipulation. It is popularly understood how individuals can be brainwashed, it is less explored how a similar process can be applied to groups of people. These people in turn can turn on individuals among themselves and apply a similar, less formal pressure, sometimes consciously, sometimes unconsciously. More and more these days, I think the process is becoming more and more conscious. People are becoming lower and more base in their civic motivations. I think what passes for immigration policy these days contributes to this and motivates it too.

Oswald, for example, is somebody who was well known for a long time by our government. He was a former US marine and a communist activist and defector and had probably been watched as a security matter in those days for a long time. But he was also somebody, as an activist, who was well known at some community level by both communists and anti-communists alike. Somewhere the attention he had at the community level intersected with the attention he had at the government level and he was applied to be framed as the assassin of JFK. I don't think the government was involved, but there were those in the community who applied what they knew from government connections in order to set him up. His job at the book warehouse, for example, was no accident.

Last edited by Twoller; 01-13-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spelling and phrasing