View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 01:41 PM

Don that was an interesting conversation you had and thank you for sharing it with us. I had a conversation with a student from Lebanon while in school a couple of years ago. She said to me "You're very pro-American" and then asked me why. I told her that I love the American culture and saw an all out attack on it. She asked me what exactly American culture was because she couldn't see any. This student was from a VERY wealthy family who owned a large construction company in Lebanon and built throughout the Middle East. She had traveled a great deal and experienced many different cultures. I might add she was a very beautiful and gracious lady. But she couldn't identify anything that was truly American. She was living in Northridge while she attended school and was never exposed to what she would consider American culture. That is what people see now when they come here. Nothing that identifies us as American. I explained to her our culture were things like Jaz, Blues, Country Fairs, Baseball, Football etc. But she didn't see any of that, she saw gangs and taco stands.