View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Charles Martel? Who's that? Links?
Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it.

Charles' victory at the Battle of Tours saved Western Europe from the Muslim invasions and was a turning point in European history.

The British did not befriend muslims, they conquered them and occupied almost the whole of the middle east. The British have fought against islam since the First Crusades.

When I mentioned Charles Martel, I was actually thinking of Gen. Charles Gordon, got my Charles' confused. The West has been fighting islam for CENTURIES.

Charles Gordon and the fall of Khartoum 1885
Soon after Gordon left Sudan, the country rose up in rebellion under a religious leader called the Mahdi. Several Egyptian armies were wiped out, and many foreigners were murdered. Although most people in the British Government didn't want to get involved, the strange tangles of diplomacy at the time meant that Britain had a duty to Egypt. In a strange compromise, it was decided to send Charles Gordon alone to the capital city of Khartoum to arrange for the evacuation of all foreign troops. Arriving in the city in late February, Charles Gordon found himself immediately cut off by the forces of the Mahdi. Nearly a year later, in the early days of 1885, Khartoum was sacked by the forces of the Mahdi and Charles Gordon was killed. The next day, the first elements of a British relief expedition reached the city.

Read more at Suite101: General Charles Gordon: The Life and Death of Chinese Gordon http://www.suite101.com/content/gene...#ixzz0ylOsBHti

We are STILL fighting islam. You can easily google both and get some idea of how long we have been fighting islam.