View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 09:24 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Kathy, this was entirely predictable. The LAUSD is doing what I've seen it do hundreds of time. It is protecting its own interests. Not the interests of the students. The interests of the thousands of people who suck at its teat.

If Arizona style laws were adopted in L.A., the District could kiss a large chunk of it's multi-billion dollar budget goodbye ( a budget that is larger than the one used to run the rest of Los Angeles). 73% of the enrolled students are Latinos, i.e. families with illegal alien members are the primary feeders/producers of pupils. A handful of white and Asian kids are enrolled in the magnet programs the LAUSD offers ... and the rest are going to private schools or attending campuses in Santa Monica and Ventura County.

Insofar as the substance of what they intend to impart, who cares? They're preaching to the choir. Trying to persuade working class and poor Latino kids in So. California that racism is directed at them is like me making an impassioned speech to the people who post on this board that they shouldn't vote for Barack Obama in 2012.