View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I would rather see them lynched than starved, but I'll settle for starvation if that will encourage them to go back to where they belong.
Quote:
Lynching is extrajudicial punishment carried out by a mob, usually by hanging. It is related to other means of social control that arise in communities, ...
We believe in the due process here, so lynching would not be something supported by SOS. I doubt any of us would like to see it really, because once lynching becomes fashionable again there's no stopping it at just illegals. The next victim of a mob could be you, your daughter or son, or your brother, all because they were pointed out as a thief, murderer, sex criminal, etc. doesn't have to be true either. Lynching has proven to be one of the most unreliable forms of justice since the king's proclamations. Lynchings are the work of bands of savages. Hopefully, we will bring our government under our control again prior to the formation of roving bands of self appointed judicial apprentices, but I do see what inspires them in the first place