View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 08:34 PM
"SZinWestLA"

I have voiced opposition and concerns to it, I have been labeled a la razaist. So my question to you members and administration, is there now going to be an ideological "litmus" test? Do members have to agree 100% with every piece of law, in order to avoid being termed a "la razaist" by other members of this board?

Further, my opposition to this bill, is based on my concerns over its potential abuse by law enforcement on American citizens and legal residents/immigrants in this country. It seems that there is a propensity to regard all Latinos as "the usual suspects," and this is deeply troubling to me. I continually get the feeling that there are people on this board who regard people like me as second class citizens, not worthy of the same respect and equal treatment. It should be pointed out that these same people have posted openly their admiration for the actions of white nationalists and nazis in this country!

Dude, I read what you had to say about the Arizona legislation on Facebook, left a reply, and made it known that I largely disagree with you. I'm also aware that the substance of your concerns are Constitutional and privacy abuses by law enforcement. That doesn't make you a La Raza sympathizer. That makes you a member of a minority in this country that actually thinks about and values Constitutional protections.

Here's your problem. People say crap here and you care.

Why? You know from experience (here and on the old SOS board) that people whom you will rarely or never see invariably talk the most extremist, inflammatory garbage. The white nationalism sympathizing crap and loon bag conspiracies (i.e. Obama the Illegal Alien) are commonly composed on the keyboards of folks we won't see on the tarmac at a Home Depot day labor site gig, a Santa Clarita City Council Meeting, or a protest in the Antelope Valley.

Those who want to talk the most spend the most time here on the board b/c the extent of their involvement doesn't usually extend past posts and bitching about illegals. D, why on Earth do you care?