View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
It’s not uncommon for Mexican drug cartels to openly issue hits on law enforcement officers who may interfere with their lucrative enterprise, though it doesn’t happen as often in the U.S. as south of the border. A few years ago Mexican drug traffickers offered a $200,000 bounty for the deaths of U.S. federal agents along the border as well as bounties on drug-sniffing dogs.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...s-u-s-officers
I believe the usual going rate for cartel ordered hits in general are about $10k. I also believe that the pay rate of the average Mexican soldier is about $300.00 a month, and the cartels hire them away from the Mexican Army all day long at $500.00 a month.

If I recall right, the Zetas were actively pursuing LEO's in Texas a few years ago, but haven't heard much about it since.

If the claim of $200,000.00 bounties on American LEO's is true, I'm greatly surprised that there hasn't been a genuine bloodbath north of the border.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-28-2010 at 07:09 AM.