View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I haul pretty much anything. Our biggest rig is a 35 yard dump trailer, and there is also 3 small flatbed trailers, one or more of which can be towed in tandem. The truck is a 1 ton able to tow 5th wheels, pull trailers..
Weight wise, I've hauled 13k pounds of load, plus the truck and trailer weight, but often it's much smaller.
The fingerprinting had nothing to do with copper theft, as that requirement pre-dated the rise in copper prices by a decade. I don't know why they started that. that's not even a big deal for me, as they're my fingerprints, and I'm as confortable with anyone knowing they're mine as I am people knowing my face and phone number.
So show me where the city is going after tax evasion. this interests me.
Thirty five yards is a good size load, 13k lbs is about the weight of my F250 with a small fifth wheel.

I believe the tax story was on channel 9 Los Angeles news station last night, the main story had to do with a large motel which had not paid its bed tax for years, and the back tax burden was in the $millions. There was an interview with Carmen Trutinich, city attorney, to the effect that if the back tax wasn't paid the city would seize the motel and sell the assets. I believe there was also discussion of other industries within Los Angeles, but I was tired and don't properly recall to what other businesses were discussed.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.