View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 01:25 PM

Default Went to my Congressman's office today

I stopped by my Congressman's office (Buck McKeon)this morning to delivered a letter.

The office was totally empty, except the 3-4 people that work there. They were actually rather startled that someone came in.

I had been in contact with them recently to see if I could schedule a meeting. So this morning I thought I would drop off a letter, and express my concerns about the push to create immigration legislation in the House.

I briefly discussed my letter and opinions with the receptionist/person in charge of dealing with constituents. It was all fairly cordial, but I got the strange feeling unannounced visitors was a bit too assertive for them.

Buck McKeon gets an A rating on immigration from Numbers USA, but between us, I don't trust any Politician.

I particularly made an office visit today (Tuesday), because on Wednesday, July,10 the Republicans are meeting on the big closed door immigration meeting with Boehner.

Any thoughts on Congressional office visits? and dealing with the staff of politicians?