View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 09:48 AM
SOS Associate

Default Governor Labels Student Rebellion An Act Of Terrorism

Quote:
“California will not tolerate any type of terrorism against any leaders including educators. The attack on Chancellor Birgeneau’s home is a criminal act and those who participated will be prosecuted under the fullest extent of the law. Debate is the foundation of democracy and I encourage protestors to find peaceful and productive ways to express their opinions.”

Do you see what I see? The governor is linking civil revolt to terrorism. These kids are out of line, yes. They broke the law, yes. But they are revolting over policies that our government has unjustly placed on them. They are not terrorists. Not yet anyway. The governor belittles and cheapens the 9/11 events by linking them to the term falsely. If the governor gets away with this, we...you and I are going to be the same if or when we get fed up like these kids did. The Governor is tossing citizen revolt in the same category as Bin Laden et al. It is not the same at all. We have to hammer him on the difference. I'm not defending these kids per se, but we have all sat around wondering when Americans were going to grab torches and pitchforks and head to the castle. We cannot allow them to be labeled terrorists. It's not appropriate and creates an extremely slippery slope for the rest of America's citizenry

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 12-13-2009 at 10:03 AM.