View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 06:09 PM

Old 10-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Enlistee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjl View Post
Most Cal States have whole departments devoted to this. While at the same time other departments, teaching the skills needed to advance and contribute in society, are so impacted student have to wait for up to a year for room to open so they may attend those classes. Yet our tax dollars are paying for this MECha crap. And those 'professors' teaching it do not hold those students attending to any kind of a high standard, just attend class and you will pass. They graduate with the knowledge of how to claim they are 'victims' of the gringo, and not much more. If you ever have a discussion with Naui on something other than the Mexicamovement, he wouldn't have a clue as to what you were talking about, except maybe how to post on youtube.

This just ruffles my feathers so much, not just because of the waste of our tax dollars, but the waste of a whole section of society that will not reach anywhere close to what is needed to contribute and succeed for everyone in our society. Being a victim never gets anyone anywhere.
Your post reminded me of an article in either the Press Enterprise or SB Sun about 2005 -2006. I can't find it right now.

The interviewee was the daughter of illegal aliens who grew up in the Inland Empire and made it to UCLA. The jist of her pre-University life was cruising along without a care in the world, no problems at all, then after just one day in Chicano class " I was like, oh my gosh, I've been exploited".

That struck me. I'll never forget that "revelation".