View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 04:22 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4shadows View Post
The problem with not backing him, as I see it, is that he is part of the movement and when one boycotts him well the rest is easy. I met him once at Patriot Point a few years ago, he was pleasant that day, I have no other dealings with him but I am looking for help in this area.
OK, but there's another side of that coin.

The problem with backing him is that you risk being associated with him. Not "associating" with him, being associated with him. Although Schwilk can speak well on occasion and he's not stupid, he carries some baggage. Off the top of my head, the biggest public miscues he authored were "Korean Kommie Ku--" and the exploding at the ladyfriend video incident. Those kinds of things harm you no matter what you're advocating on behalf of. Jeff has hurt himself via the internet and his enemies have used it masterfully to cripple his reputation.

From my perspective, he did SOS a favor when he removed us from his So. Cal Coalition list/website. It saved me from having to ask. There are public figures I like to see on my side of a debate and am happy to be lumped together with, and there are those I don't and I'm not.

Admittedly though, this is only a matter of opinion, and others here may view the situation and Schwilk differently.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 02-17-2010 at 04:24 PM.