View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
The terms of my divorce were in part that child support is based on income the court deemed me as capable of earning, not what I was earning with whatever employment and resultant income was available to me at the time.

Not everyone who has had a bad shrift with employment and resultant malicious judgment by the court is a deadbeat.

Legal judgments aren't always just, and to take away the driver's license of a father who is behind in child support is incomprehensible. A man generally isn't employable without a driver's license. If he's not making money, how's he to pay child support?
First, as a divorced dad, who is currently paying child support AND has been out of work for some time, I have been able to get my payments scaled back. Is it a challenge? Yes, but I have not run out on my responsibility towards my child.

As far as not having a driver's license and being unemployable? This is a load of bovine excrement. That's what buses are for. There is no excuse for not paying child support.