View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
They are holding him on a million dollars bail? A million for allegations of making a threat? That seems quite execessive.

I'm drafting a letter to him, but who knows if he'll answer

Inmate Name, Booking Number
PO BOX 86164
Terminal Annex
Los Angeles, CA 90086-0164
He can't talk about the incident - they read his mail mail. Besides, it may not get to him, or they might not provide him with writing materials at the county level. County corrections officers are nearly all gaping assholes. I was contemplating sending him some paper and stamped envelopes, but meth has been smuggled into jail with stick on devices. His money on the books is probably what he had on his person at time of arrest.

Same thing happened to me concerning bail. A false police report concerning myself (terrorist threats) eventually found itself in front of the city council where I was living at the time. The cop who arrested me (and searched my house without a warrant) said that except for the pressure placed through the political structure they wouldn't have bothered with me.

In my case my bail was $250,000. I asked the judge at my arraignment for release on my own recognizance - he looked straight through me and icely said "I don't think so". After about 20 days they provided me with a public defender who expressed puzzlement as to why I was being held, they didn't have anything on me. However, he also explained that if I didn't take the plea bargain, I would stay in jail to await trial.

I took the plea bargain for a minor misdemeanor conviction, sentenced to time served, and tossed out of the facility in the middle of the night.

I have asked several police officers and one prosecutor of various jurisdictions over the years about how I was set up and they all said that the scumbag who did it to me knew what he was doing.

I don't know Mr. Snell, and I might not like him if I did, but this smells like a railroading to me. Regardless of what a pain in the ass the man might be, the legal system should never be misused in such a manner.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-24-2010 at 02:27 PM.