View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:50 PM

I believe it was a vote by the national populace as a whole on the one hand over who frightens you the least as well as a "what's in it for me" concern on the other, and the incumbent usually has the edge in an election (the devil I know versus the one I don't).

With an election like this one, I don't believe there was any kind of a real public mandate for either candidate, and the government as a whole will be essentially the same as the last 4 years.

I personally just wanted Obama gone - for so many reasons - not the least my belief that he will ultimately destroy the country.

I conversed with a field biologist the other day. He was all hot to trot for Obama's reelection in a large part because there is a lot of money coming down Obama's federal pike for projects that both he and I work on. He believed that Romney would take it all away (and that we both would become permanently unemployed as a result). My view is that even though I have made a lot of money on these projects in the past, it will all ultimately be worthless if the nation is further degraded or even collapses.

As far as the "minority demographic problem" comment...

I might be wrong, and it was all in passing (wasn't paying full attention), but I saw a bunch of electronic charts being flipped by a white haired CNN weasel this afternoon (4:00 PM hour?), but if I'm not mistaken I believe that the charts made a reference to approximately 1/3 of the people called "Latino" who voted voting for Romney.

I'm not sure, might not have happened that way, but I believe the CNN weasel put forth that premise this afternoon.

I'm not familiar with talk radio. Do the very dumbest people actually make it onto the AM 870 radio program to comment, or do they in practice bring on the brightest of the dim bulbs and screen out the bottom feeders?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-07-2012 at 09:11 PM.