View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 09:36 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
You mentioned Chelena running for office again after this, and if history is any guide, I still say no. During the recall of Davis, we had scores of longshot candidates pulling a nightingale, and after having reviewed them, I don't see that any of those one-hit wonders ever did anything remotely close to runnung again. The stripper mary Carey...gone. Pete Camejo and Gary Coleman both died. Pull any name from that hat and you'll be hard pressed to see a continuation of politics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
Ah, Chelene can't stay out of the spotlight for long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
Yes but none of these mere mortals are anything like our beloved Chelena.
I will bet you a Krispy Kreme double glazed doughnut that Chelena runs for something within a year or two.

Davi, I'm in agreement with Derek and Frank. I think Chelene is very likely to run again.

For the most part, for her election strategy, Chelene has forsaken the largest population concentrations in California, and has focused her efforts on the Central Valley where she "owns" (insofar as candidates seeking statewide office are concerned) this one issue about the water. She has, in very predictable Chelene fashion, made "allies" and "friends" there.

That section of our state is perfect for her little following to grow and/or fester. You have a large collection of California's population there that is more conservative than the rest of the state, and in many ways, find themselves revolted by the things they see going in San Diego, LA/OC and the Bay Area (in the same way as many of us are revolted). Further, people in these areas have less formal education (Chelene has always had more long-term success w/ folks who don't have college degrees or aren't very bright - think Janet, Mike and Jeff), on the average, than you find among voters along the coasts.

If she runs for some office in Tulare, Kings or some other county near those two, I wouldn't be stunned. The only catch is she'd have to move, and I really don't know if she's willing to do that.

But Nightingale will be back. Chelene has a voracious appetite for people to tell her how great she is and to run her mouth and have people listen. If it isn't a run for office, it'll be kicking off some new group or organization where she can best utilize these new sycophants she's systematically acquired during her campaign run. Chelene's gift/talent is organizing. She, quite admirably, can get things up and going. Further, she manifests enough charm to keep most folks around for a reasonable temporary length of time. There's no reason to suspect that she'll stop doing these things any time soon, to benefit herself.

The bad news about this is that it'll probably keep her far too busy to make efforts to earn some extra money and make good on her debt to Frank.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 09-12-2010 at 09:44 AM.