View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 01:18 PM

This is a response to the preceding letter I posted. It is from a school counselor at FUSD. I guess she thought her sarcasm would shut up and stifle any conversation on the subject. What I find amazing is these same people in education with Phd.'s go on sabbaticals to foreign countries to study the culture for 6 months and write their peer reviewed papers for publication which everyone in academia just applauds and hold up as gods word.

It's different when the same thing is seen through academic eyes I guess. But someone who experiences contact with a specific group and first hand experience every day for 30 or 40 years, maybe more, well according to academia, they haven't the comprehension to understand what is happening. Academia is so full of themselves, some have more education than their intelligence can absorb.

To the Editor:
This comment is in response to Mr. Tim Imhoff's letter to the editor last week:

Mr. Imhoff,

It pleases me to know that there is someone in town so vastly informed and experienced in the Mexican culture.

I must say, though, I am very disappointed that you did not take the opportunity to run for the FUSD Board or Fillmore City Council.

I hope to meet you one of these days so that I might become as enlightened as you obviously are about my Mexican culture and the rest of the world.

Most impressed,

Norma Pérez-Sandford

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 12-06-2014 at 01:23 PM.