View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 09:25 PM

Talking

"or grappling hooks and rope."

I'm reminded of the old Robin Williams file The Fisher King

I have a Slim Jim in one of my trucks, but that's only because maybe six years ago there was a rash of keys being locked in the cab of company trucks, one of which was my doing, few from one coast to the other seem to have the notion that maybe there should be an extra set of keys cut for the fleet. There was more than one door which was tweeked by someone trying to get in the truck and out of the yard before the GF wanted to know why the hell the crew was still there milling around the truck.

I think the definition is just for enhancement of charges.

The local DA's office overcharges on everything, and will only grudgingly drop charges if there is absolutely no case at all and only after the defendant insists on a jury trial rather than copping a plea for something he didn't do, even trading some sort of a personal inconvenience on the defendant in return for dropping charges on a meritless case - otherwise the accused has to shell out the extra money for an attorney to prep for a trial which has no other purpose than to punish the defendant monetarily and by wasting personal time on something the DA is going to lose anyway.

Petty indeed. Twelve documented AA meetings verses shelling out another $4K for the attorney for a trial jury.

As well as wasting the taxpayers money.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-29-2010 at 09:30 PM.