View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 07:40 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Further, wouldn't testing for HIV, of all people entering and remaining in the military, solve this alleged problem?
It would help a little, but not necessarily be an end. You'd have to test soldiers quite often for it to be somewhat effective, and really, the military doesn't have the funds or inclination to do it. They're still battling with soldiers over PTS and agent orange claims. Soldiers could test on friday, and have contact with HIV over the weekend. In addition, military medical is not really the best thing going. They hire doctors who can't get jobs elsewhere, similar to prisons, and if the top is suspect, and they are the training and management for nurses and staff.....
I think the writer is using hyperbole, when fact would be better. The fact is, the liberal agenda is prone to forcing gays on everyone, and the military is the holy grail of their effort. Get the gays in the army and you've forced one of the last bastions of right wing prone leadership to smile when they say "we're tolerant"

By the way; I spent nearly all day at the Sacramento AIDS clinic today. I had a one day gig removing some stuff, and was in and out of the main floor and lower lobby all day. They've got lots of customers throughout the day. Some are just kids. It's heartbreaking to see a mom comforting a teenage son or daughter while they wait for treatment.
But yes, there's also some of the strange looking male prostitutes, twenty-somethings with more piercings than you can count, and homeless with their gear in shopping carts out front. while I was in the restroom, I saw one of those needle collection boxes nearly full at noon.
AIDS is a big problem still. No real cure yet.