View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:25 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
The key problem is that the blood of male homosexuals is contaminated with HIV and other diseases that can cause death.

Assuming this ridiculously overbroad statement is true, why not preclude blacks from military service as well? Their incidence of HIV infection is well above the national average.

Further, wouldn't testing for HIV, of all people entering and remaining in the military, solve this alleged problem?
I think, but am not sure that the rate of infection between gays is consistently higher than between similarly situated black people, and that it's strongly related to the anal method of sexual relations. So gay men practicing anal sex are far more likely to have/infect than black people practicing sex the uh...procreative way?

Aside from that particular issue, I might not have enlisted if I were going to be forced to cohabitiate with gay soldiers the way the military trains and expects a soldier to act during their tour of duty. I would fight alongside most anybody in a pinch, but the closeness that a soldier must adhere to while in the military and within their units can be extreme. I don't believe that gays are any more or any less a person, or a soldier for that matter, but I don't think I'd do well being forced to live so intertwined with them.