View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Not wanting a person as a neighbor or a friend because of their race/ancestry is the exact definition of racism!!! I've experienced it quite a bit since I've moved to Fillmore and I doubt I'm the only one. So let's not pretend there isn't a double standard. Rimo you and others may not like Dons message or exactly how he words it, but I do understand why someone would feel that way. Does that make it right? No! But I don't discount their feelings because some of it is justified. Do I feel as Don does? No! But I have not walked in his shoes and either have you. What we've done together on the streets just means we've admitted there's a problem. I handle it differently than Don because of what I've experienced in my life. It is just sad that so many others never had a chance to have the great friends I had growing up.
Yes, there is a double standard, and there's lots of shoes to walk in. There are brown race baiters who get away with the most outrageous racial crap which is explained away as "cultural pride". There are brown race hucksters who make a living fomenting racial enmity and who are never brought to heel by the equal protection under the law provision. Much of the school system is co-opted. No argument from me in that regard.

My experience growing up decades ago around the brown kids I knew was much like yours. I've also experienced prejudice from Mexican nationals.

On the other hand, there is another set of shoes in my house which experienced the last of the "whites only" establishments, being across the tracks before dark and a "public" pool and a whole street off limits to "Mexicans" any time of day. There's more, but you get the point - that stuff happened.

Her long deceased parents were born Mexican, she was born American. There are no longer any family ties to Mexico (no illegal primos renting any garages from any of the extended family to live in), several relatives participated in America's conflicts from WWII to the present. Everyone is different, but much of her experience with Mexican nationals mirrors yours.

This is a person with one foot in each of two worlds, and to varying degrees rejected by both.

Don wants to run her back over the tracks and far beyond to the south as piece of crap vermin, Twoller wants to hunt her down and throw her out to a country she doesn't belong to and which doesn't want her.

Illegal immigration since 1986 has harmed Americans of all races - including those with Mexican ancestors - except for American politicians and American employers who benefit in any of several manners by aiding and abetting illegal entry.

Regardless of how the problem of illegal immigration is resolved, there is not going to be one person among the millions in America who are going to be happy about it. However, the longer it drags on, the less likely there will be an outcome you may believe is in the right direction, and until race is taken out of the anti illegal side of the issue the less chance it will be semi - satisfactorily resolved.

Whether or not Don has a point behind his racially charged rants.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-20-2012 at 08:20 PM.