View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Yes, you're right. You said that. You've got this repetition thing down. You also said this: There is also the other issue of how an illegal qualifies for college tuition. They must have sufficient educational background to get it. Where are they getting that? And why can't we boot them out of whatever educational system they are using to prepare for college?

Here's your answer: Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202 (1982)
Here is Wikipedia's entry on the subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plyler_v._Doe

And here is Wikipedia's entry on the Fourteenth amendment which is what Plyler v. Doe is based on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourtee...s_Constitution

Plyler v Doe is pretty weak stuff, the SC's ruling is pretty weak and does not specifically guarantee an education for people not in the country legally.

But at the risk of repeating myself again, we still need to know how we get illegal alien students in the first place. Since we can assume that they are not born here because that process is already corrupted in another way, they must be crossing the border young. It seems to me that it should be easier to catch illegals crossing with children or young adults. Or they maybe crossing as young adults. Why not demand additional enforcement or penalties for people who expose children to illegal immigrant trafficking? Finding children classifiable as illegal immigrants in the education system would be evidence of the despicable practice of illegally trafficking in children and juveniles. Organized crime is bound to be involved and certainly it would be an early recruitment point for herding children into criminal activity and exploitation.

I remember long ago when the arguments about providing schooling illegals was first made. A plausible argument made then was that such a service would be a stop gap measure to identify and relocate families who were in the country illegally. While being processed out, their children could be exposed to educational opportunities and could not be denied such opportunities. But public education for illegals was never intended to be institutionalized this way.

I don't see anything about insisting on schooling be available for illegals that suggest such opportunity be a refuge from policing illegal immigration.