View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
This is continuing to get media coverage, what a surprise. You just know this had something to do with Amnesty Canter loosing. Wow, was that something!!! First time in US history a sitting Majority Leader lost in a primary. This will have waves coming in it's wake.
They say it's much more than illegal immigration.

If I remember the commentary right, the immigration issue was coupled with unemployment among American citizens (we're talking nationality here, not race, so don't get the race baiting panties in a bunch. You know who you are...). It seems the focus was not merely about "throw them all out" with no other reason stated than they entered contrary to immigration law as that it is a fact that illegal immigration is harming us in the workplace. There was also discussion that Cantor was preoccupied with being a house majority leader rather than a congressman representing the people who elected him.

In a short interview, Brat spoke about free markets, the rule of law, property rights (I interpret he includes money as a form of property, a founding American concept concerning taxation and appropriation - he may also be talking about the legion of unelected bureaucrats who tamper with real property rights as well), and immigration - a very basic platform. [I have edited out a misquote concerning that interview and corrected that error in this post. ilbegone]

Some commentary inferred that the dumping of those people in Arizona didn't help Cantor.

Much of what the president has done since his reelection has created an ever mounting uproar and maybe the voters are looking to send Congress a message to do something about it. I spoke with my congressman's office yesterday, there was a pronounced flinch reaction concerning the terrorist swap and Sergeant Tamoorasi being held in Mexico. The lady intimated that they were hearing quite a bit about those issues and I gathered there was quite a bit of public anger expressed to the congressman. Perhaps the push back / backlash has begun.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 06-11-2014 at 07:26 PM.