View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
Ilbegone,

I am not sure what you meant in your last post, especially this part, "After the last six years, I'm tired of all this."

Ilbegone, Peace brother. I am not trying to cause you or anyone else problems. I am just sharing what is on my mind, and discussing the facts that I see.

I am not asking anyone to do anything except stay objective and alert, which is all I am trying to do myself.

Politics is a nasty and ugly side of life, I really wish there was no such thing. Unfortunatly it is a bad side of life that sometimes effects us.

Ayatollah you said: "Politicians are for the most part, liars, connivers, manipulators and shysters. To adjudge the remaining humans of the same religious creed based upon the actions of the politicians would be a gross miscarriage of justice, and a misapplication of evidence "

Ayatollah, You are correct, and I agree with you 100%.

Ayatollah, Twoller, Ilbegone, I have a confession... I have had it up to my neck in other peoples "ethno-nationalism". Mexican nationalism, Jewish nationalism... I think it is all opressive and I hate it shoved down my throat. When the topic started I thought it was a proIsraeli post. Then Twoller chimed in with his Israeli cheerleading . I guess when I am in a situation when another country's ethnonational cheerleading is being shoved down my throat my natural inclination is to stand up to it, provide opposition and fight it with words and debate. Which is What I did.

Maybe this is what we all are doing when we are faced with a situation when the nationalism of another culture is forced on us.

Brothers, I want to thank you for your spirited conversation, I learned something... I learned more specificly what it is that I don't like, and how I react when the nationalism of someone elses culture is forced on me, or shoved down my throat.

Brothers, I wish you all well. Stay allert, and stay active, but above all lets remember that the Lord Jesus teaches us to forgive one another, and I guess that applies to other cultures as well.
What I meant by it is that I'm tired of all the stereotyping.

The "Jew" thing, I've known Jews who were just regular people. The one's I don't know I've seen on La Brea south of Hollywood Boulevard to about Santa Monica or so with the black suits and the felt hats on Saturday along with the ones who wear the old school brimless Eastern European style hats along with what I assume is a prayer shawl.

My sixth grade teacher was a very short Jewish woman with the warmest heart that ever stood on tippy toes to slam a pointer on a miscreant's desk. She saved me.

Your posts make it sound to me as though your liberal Jew Congressmen define everyone who has the genes, and there have quite a number of posts over the years which have been over the top concerning "Jews".

It's the same with the very loose definition of "Mexicans". It flies in the face of everything I know about the myriad peoples generalized as "Mexican" or "Latino" or "Hispanic", even generalizations as though they are all the same person by "Latino" activists who definitely know better than the tripe they float as "my people".

I generally despise the middle eastern liquor store proprietors I have met, but I judge them as individuals. There are two I know whom I'll back up any day.

I've stayed in a lot of motels over the years. If I smell curry and see a sign which says NO REFUNDS I'll walk. However, there was an east Indian manager of a San Fernando valley motel who made me a good, long term deal (months) on a decent motel, and intervened when her husband subsequently tried to rip me off.

As I've stated before, I'm in a weird place in my head with Mexican nationals, all at the same time I love them and I hate them all, while I figure I could trust maybe one in twenty. The first part of that statement just about any "Latino" advocate would understand the sentiment of.

Half of my extended family are descended from Mexicans, but they aren't Mexican - regardless of how many cactus and chile plants are in the yard, old black and white Mexican movies they still watch, or Jose Alfredo Jimenez and Little Joe y la familia cassett tapes which are still listened to by the older ones, nor of just who still eats beans with torn pieces of tortilla. The older ones do remember the days of segregation and tracks dividing communities, but that was then and this is now. And, the Spanish speakers skipped a generation. The long deceased Mexicans spoke Spanish and English, some of their children could speak Spanish (and they weren't and aren't considered by Mexican nationals to be Mexican), the next don't speak Spanish, and the forth generation learned Castilian (not Mexican) Spanish in high school.

Last Christmas I had four generations at my house - including toddlers, and I was the only white person. One group in the kitchen was talking about white people from the context of the 1950's, but it didn't bother me because there is just one racist in the whole group - it was just a recollection of how things were.

The so called Mexican Nationalism shoved in your face is from "University Mexicans", people who were born here and push a fabricated "Mexican" culture, which is greatly influenced by far left American politics and derived from a selective or manipulated and contrived version of Mexicanidad. The Mexicans who show up at the marches are sheep, if it weren't for the Americanization of American born brown racists who push the issues, they wouldn't be there at all.

To summarize, there's a lot more to it than "Jew" or "Mexican". Or "white person".

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-20-2011 at 11:33 PM.