View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 08:22 AM

From the above link:

Quote:

IMMIGRATION: “Legal immigration has been a great source of strength and prosperity for America, but I believe illegal immigration threatens the foundation of this system. If I had been in the Senate at the time, I would have opposed the McCain-Kennedy bill. I believe we must fix our immigration system by first securing the border, fixing the visa and entry process and opposing amnesty in any reform.”

It would depend a lot on what he meant by "fixing the visa and entry process". Making it too easy to get into this country is not that much different from amnesty. The visa and entry system could be modified, "reformed", so much that illegals already here wouldn't need amnesty. They could just "re-enter" somehow.

The only authentic test for anyone's claim to oppose illegal immigration is the question as to policing the presence of illegals in the country. If you are authentically opposed to illegal immigration, you must support the policing, at the local level, against the simple presence of anyone who is in this country without permission by the immigration authorities. That's it. Anything less than that is a bogus claim.