View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
I don't think usa_today was talking about "racially pointed law enforcement" at all, whatever that is. usa_today was simply pointing out that hispanics characterize the problem of illegal immigration in Arizona and that in order to police illegal immigration in Arizona it is only inevitable that hispanics be singled out. It is entirely necessary, but as I have pointed out, it is a poor strategy to openly declare such a thing even though it is not racist and completely understandable to anyone sincerely opposed to illegal immigration to hope that all the hispanics in Arizona fall under the eye of law enforcement. I could imagine that there are plenty of hispanics who feel the same way and would gladly bear the eye of law enforcement in order to purge the state of the plague of illegals there, most of whom are hispanic.

We do have to keep reminding ourselves, the problem is global and cuts accross racial boundaries. To emphasize one race as the problem and another as the victim is a poor strategy, even where they might characterize the problem in any particular place.
SOS doesn't care what other hispanics think about it. Our path was clearly cut when the organization began. Singling out hispanics for immigration enforcement is a policy we don't support. We don't want to see any encouragements of that posted here. Doesn't matter what the percieved or real benefits of that might be.