View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 AM

No the landowners weren't illegals, or illegal enablers. They escaped. From the look of things, and this I cannot confirm, they are being held so that they do not talk.

It reminds me of the beginnings of what went on in Zimbabwe where the white farmers who escaped massacres were held in silence so no one knew what was going on until the whole thing exploded.

As far as I am hearing from my two Laredo sources, and these are people who actually live in Laredo. The State is acting as if this is a local law enforcement matter. It's being left to the border patrol and county sheriff to deal with as any other street crime.

I am by no means any kind of military strategist, but historically and logically, the gang now occupying two ranches near Laredo will already have or soon will make contact with American gangs IN Laredo. The next attack would be on Laredo itself from without and within. The goal would be to seize that port of entry and open a floodgate. With an absent federal government and an uncaring state government success is just about guaranteed.

The question is, these are Texans. They could very well bristle up with guns like a porquipine in which case it would be a serious war. So the question. Would state and federal officials step in at that point and if so, on which SIDE?